Art Credit: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
This is a call to action! Follow me on Twitter @OctopusRPG. Work in progress gets posted there and I’m in the middle of a cool 2-page-dungeon project! I’m trying to expand my reach and every single follow is a big deal to me.
This week we have a Paladin subclass based on the 20 CHA beautiful beast of a character that was part of the last big campaign I ran.
Paladin Oath of Beauty
The tenets of beauty foster an appreciation for the world informed by details that others may overlook.
- Beauty in all Things: Appreciate beauty in all it’s forms, whether occurring in nature, or a product of art and culture.
- Patron of the Arts: Protect works of art and provide those that create them the circumstances to succeed.
- Heart and Soul: Endeavor to share emotional truths through art.
- Beauty Starts Within: Through the pursuit of beauty, one’s body becomes an object of beauty itself.
|3rd||Disguise Self||Color Spray|
|13th||Hallucinatory Terrain||Stone Shape|
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
- Truth in Art: As an action, present your holy symbol and speak a prayer of beauty. For 1 minute, creatures you designate within 10 feet of you gain advantage on all Insight and Investigation checks and resistance to all psychic damage.
- Sublime Motion: You can use your Channel Divinity to amplify the beauty and efficiency of your body’s movements. As a bonus action, you may make a single melee weapon attack against a target in range when you activate this channel divinity. For 1 minute, when you take the attack action on your turn you can also make a single melee weapon attack as a bonus action.
Starting at 7th level, the effortless and profound emotional weight of your presence commands attention at all times. When a spell targets a friendly creature within 10 feet of you, you may use your reaction to redirect the spell and force it to target yourself. You gain advantage on any saving throw you make to resist the effects of the spell.
At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.
Clarity of Self
At 15th level, your ability scores and HP maximum cannot be reduced by any means. You gain advantage on all Investigation checks to discern illusions.
At 20th level, you can tap a well of sublime and indescribable beauty. Your body becomes humbling expression of emotion and power. As a bonus action, you gain the following effects:
- When you activate this ability any hostile creature within 60 ft that can see you must make a Constitution saving throw against your spellcasting DC. On a failure, they are blinded by your beauty for 1 minute. They can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of their turns.
- For the next 10 minutes, you can add your Strength modifier to any Charisma check you make, and you can add your Charisma modifier to any Strength check you make. When you make a melee weapon attack, you can add your Charisma modifier to the damage dealt.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest, unless you expend a 5th-level spell slot to use it again.